Monday, June 12, 2006

No Pictures, Might as Well Crose

Randy - that title is for you.

So I don't know if I can have a blog anymore. I can't have a blog anymore because I can't post pictures anymore. I can't post pictures anymore because A DOG ATE MY DIGITAL CAMERA USB CABLE!!!!! Now I won't mention any names. But the name of this blog is a clue.

Sure, some of you might say - of course you can blog without pictures! And some others might say - you can replace your USB cable! But that line of thinking is way to rational for me right now. I am still in the "wallowing in self pitty" state and I'm going to milk it.

Shoulder Update
My shoulder feels much better. Maybe Leslie took out her voodoo pins or maybe my growth spurt is over for the time being. Or maybe Randy has come to terms with his day job. Whatever - I'm just glad I feel better. After a day of sleeping and taking darvocet on Sunday I feel almost as good as new.

Knitterific
Update on my super secret project. As some of you may have guessed, I'm making a baby sweater for a little bun in the oven. My best friend since the 2nd grade, Mandi Edwards Hawkins (she didn't have all those names then) called me last week to let me know she and her husband, Andrew are expecting their first baby in November!!! Of course I had to start knitting immediately. I can't show you pictures as mentioned above.

But I can show you a picture of the pattern I'm using if you promise not to tell Mandi what it looks like (and Mandi, if you're reading, close your eyes).

This is the Chunky Knit Cardigan from Erika Knights' Simple Knits for Cherished Babies. I am making it in a Christmas red merino wool with ivory trim. I know the baby will live in Florida but it gets rather nippy there in December. Besides - they have to bring the baby up north to visit for Christmas, don' they?

1 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

My husband's puppy once ate his transit check (money provided by his company to help pay for the costs of commuting from New Jersey to Manhattan). The dog almost didn't survive that one.

I'm sure the sweater is beautiful! You're starting nice and early -- good idea. :)

6:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home