Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Diet Success?

Welcome to my second post. I haven't postd in nearly a week because of some confusion over my username which turned out to be caused by my inattention to detail. Oh well - I've never been a detail person - now I just pretend to be for work.

Though I still don't know for sure what this post is about, I think it will include stories and thoughts about puppies (and eventually dogs - when Zipper is older), orange cats and their brown and gray stripey brothers, knitting, office whining, and struggles/successes with losing weight and getting in shape.

This brings me to my topic for today - diet success. I have been on a diet since January 16th - more or less. I say more or less because at times I have been less than dedicated to the cause. But for the most part I have been following the diabetic exchange diet and exercising for four months now. So why have I not lost more than 15 pounds? I guess it goes back to that "more or less" thing. But I had a good week - on Monday I weighed in at my church's diet class and I lost three and a half pounds since the previous Monday. So I felt good about that. I still have a long way to go - but that is the price I pay for four years of eating crap, exercising too little, and undergoing four surgeries.

One tool I have found helpful in my (what seems like) never-ending diet battles is a website called Fitday. It allows you to enter the foods you eat (it has a comprehensive, searchable list of most foods including some restaurant foods and national brand packaged food) and then it calculates the number of calories eaten and even gives you a pie chart of where your calories came from (fat, protien, carbs). There are also lots of other cool features, including nutrient analysis, entering your physical activity, and tracking your weight over time. Check it out!

2 Comments:

Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Kimmie, I have been so proud of you for sticking to your diet. You drink all your water every day and watch what you eat... I am just really impressed. Keep up the great work because you are an inspiration to me! Thank you!

2:42 PM

 
Blogger Kimmie said...

Brooke - you are the sweetest. My mom is the real inspiration on the diet front. She has been amazingly dedicated and has lost 21 pounds and two pants sizes! I am jealous because for the first time in my life she weighs less than me - but I'm totally proud - and she completely deserves it!

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home